Guest and Visitor Management Solution Review 2019
What Is a Visitor Management System?
VMS helps manage the flow of visitors into a company’s facilities or other locations. As visitors arrive, they can use a self-register for a meeting or event. Visitor identification is an optional part of many solutions. Visitor Management is integrated with the Meeting Room Booking solution used. Often visitors are invited by an host for a certain event which takes place in a certain location in a certain meeting room.
The list of expected visitors with their status, checked in, checked out, expecting is listed in the Visitor Management Portal as well at the lobby or reception on a screen.
Many companies uses today an iOS or Android based device like a tablet to let self register the guests.
Additionally, the check out of visitors is handled by a visitor management system. Guests can in most cases easily checkout, by presenting the barcode, to the scanner.
Often visitors who are already expected for a certain meeting want to check in by using a kiosk or any screen showing the expected visitors in a list, with event details and the host, as the organizer of the event.
Once the system clears a person for entry, they can print a customized name visitor badge optional with with photo and a barcode that will allow them access to any area the company determines. (this depends of the security system the company has setup, and the access control). You must find out, if it is a generic visitor management solution, which will support primarily the check in and out, or if it is integrated with the facility management and security access system to buildings as well to rooms.
It might be a special part of the facility management to have a solution which includes all aspects of Visitor in and out flow from any location.
In this article we cover only the basic features and requirements a small company in general has. And exclude the enterprise security and access systems with badges.
First Impressions Matter
Meet your guest’s expectations and impress visitors with an easy-to-use check-in and visitor management system.
Visitors can be added directly from Outlook and maps, directions, in advance can be send with the invitation email.
- Complete Outlook integration
- Invite your visitors directly from Outlook
- Add visitors to the guest list from Outlook
- Prepare for today’s visitors using the front desk tool
- Prints guest badges and get access to the security report with Gusest Photo and Barcode/QR code
- Send maps, instructions, and reminders automatically
- VMS users can enable pre-registration, which emails guests ahead of their visit
- These emails can include dates, times, directions, parking information and other details that help visitors get to their meetings quickly.
- Notifications about the arrival of the guest or visitor to the host are send
- The system can also notify an employee that their guest has arrived and offer the guest directions to a meeting room or display a directory.
- Staff will be automatically notified of their arrival. All check-ins are stored on Room Manager visitor management portal.
- Security notification, name tag printing, and follow-up can all be automated, freeing up time to focus on your guests.
A company can ask visitors to digitally sign documents when checking in, such as a non-disclosure agreement to protect sensitive corporate information.
Case Study Summary
A Swiss based sites attract thousands of visitors around the globe annually. To efficiently cater to high volumes of visitor traffic and to alleviate the administrative burden of receptionists, the company required a Visitor Management solution based on Office 365 and PowerApp.
ROOM MANAGER Visitor Management was chosen to streamline the check-in process by offering visitors the ability to pre-register, self-service check-in, alert hosts of their arrival and print unique ID badges with barcode.
ROOM MANAGER worked in partnership with the Swiss based company to create a unique Visitor Management solution that contained easy-of-use and integration capabilities with 3rd access control systems by Siemens.
The company’s primary objective is ‘to focus on the user and all else will follow’.
With this in mind, The ROOM MANAGER Visitor Registration App provided were designed and constructed to provide a unique user experience, aligning with company’s office environments.
To date, over 5000 visitors have checked-in via ROOM MANAGER Visitor Registration App. With 150 kiosks deployed across 25 cities in 15 countries, visitors and staff use our Visitor Management solution with ease.
Additionally, facility managers and security staff can access detailed reports and insights to improve the planning of catering, parking and hospitality management.
Capterra Room Manager Review and pricing